This FAQ describes how to register a 2N® IP Handset device to the My2N cloud (or another PBX).
We add 2N® IP Handset within the My2N account (how to create a My2N account: !2N® Mobile Video Setup - registration and general settings )
as a 3rd-party device - more here: How to add a 3rd party SIP device/application.
- In the detail of the My2N device you will then have SIP registration data for entering into the web interface of the 2N® IP Handset device - see the red box in the picture below.
- In the web interface of the 2N® IP Handset device go to the Line section and you will immediately get to the SIP tab, where you fill in (see the picture below) in the category
Register Settings: Username - number given by the PBX (in our case 2524346736)
Realm - possible domain name of the proxy-server (in our case proxy-7.my2n.com);
SIP Server 1: Server Address - proxy server address (in our case again proxy-7.my2n.com)
We leave the server Port and Transport Protocol default 5060 and UDP (unless the control panel requires otherwise)
further: Proxy Server Address - here again proxy-7.my2n.com
Proxy Server Port - standardly we leave the default again
Proxy User - again the number given by the PBX (here 2524346736)
Proxy Password - given by the PBX (in our case gSFiJh2q)
- At the top right check the Activate box (see the image above) and click Apply (see the red oval in the image above) to save the settings.
- Line Staus will then show us whether the device is successfully registered - see the green box in the picture above (Registered).
The 2N® IP Handset has two SIP accounts, and can thus be registered (and make or receive calls) simultaneously at two exchanges - switchable at the top next to
the Line parameter (see purple box in the picture above).
- we perform the same as in the case of a local call (see: Direct call - How to set up a 2N® IP Handset for a direct SIP call (without PBX) and how to open door)
provided that in the Value field we fill in the contact of the called party given by that PBX (e.g. 2524342287) and select the given SIP account in the Line field,
which we registered to the PBX - see the picture below: