In Access Commander, you can setup 2N RFID/Keypad/Bluetooth/Fingeprint equipped IP units to control which floors authorized user can access.
The whole scenario allows interconnection of 2N IP units with AXIS A9188 I/O Relay Modules, which tells the lift which floor can be accessed after a person authorizes using the 2N IP unit as shown on the following image:
A typical scenario will involve one 2N® Access Unit inside the lift cabin and 1-5x Axis A9188 I/O Relay Modules (1 I/O Relay Module can handle up to 8 floors).
Currently, a maximum of 5 AXIS A9188 can be connected with one 2N unit making maximum of 40 floors supported.
The following guide will explain, how to set the whole scenario to allow persons access to certain floors in the lift using their credentials (RFID, Code, Bluetooth or Fingerprint).
STEP 1: Configure AXIS A9188 to allow communication with 2N unit.
- Physically wire AXIS A9188 using its relays to lift control electronics which allows certain floor buttons to be pressed (for example wire relay io_1_1 on AXIS A9188 to lift control for 1st floor). Documentation for AXIS A9188 I/O Relay Module is available on following link: https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-a9188/support-and-documentation
- Connect AXIS A9188 I/O Relay Module to IP network, since it needs to be configured.
- AXIS A9188 I/O Relay Module supports PoE and DHCP, once connected it can be located on the network using AXIS IP Utility which can be downloaded here: AXIS IP Utility
- I/O Relay Module can be accessed on its IP address using a web browser.
- Default login information:
- Navigate to section Preferences -> Additional configuration, which will allow you to access full configuration of I/O Relay Module.
- Navigate to section System Options -> Security -> Certificates and choose Create self-signed certificate in order to allow I/O Relay Module using secured communication which is required for connection with 2N unit (optionally you can use your own CA signed certificates).
Navigate to section System Options -> Security -> HTTPS choose certificate from previous step and allow Administrator to use HTTPS.
STEP 2: Configure 2N unit to communicate with AXIS 9188 I/O Relay Module
- Make sure the 2N device has Lift license installed (order no. 9137916 for IP intercoms or 9160401 for Access units) and firmware 2.27 or newer is used.
Connect the 2N unit to the AXIS A9188 I/O Relay Module in section Hardware - Lift Control by specifying the IP address of AXIS A9188 and administrator user (root for example).
STEP 3: Setup floor access to users using 2N®Access Commander
- Create a Zone for each Floor in the section Zones. It is correct that these Zones will not have any device assigned, since lift enabled devices cannot be added to any Zone.
- Assign each zone to the Company which contains users who are allowed access to that particular floor (multiple Companies can be selected if needed).
- Users should be placed in groups which will later be granted access to particular floors.
Navigate to Access Rules and begin creating rules to define which zones or floors each group may access. For example, the group ‘Company A Sales Team’ can be paired with the zone ‘first floor’ to allow the users of that group access to the first floor.
- Add the 2N unit to Access Commander in the section Devices. Units which have Lift license and have Lift control enable will be show a lift icon when added to Access Commander.
Enable lift control usage in added devices in the device details page in Access Commander.
To finally setup which users can access which floor, in device details go to Management and create Floor assignment according to physical connection of relays between AXIS A9188 and the lift itself (for example relay io_1_1 on AXIS A9188 is physically connected to lift that 1st floor will become available for Groups of users which have in Access rules defined rules for Zone 1st floor).
From now all users, which are part of Groups associated in Access rules with Zone 1st floor and have valid credentials, when they authorize on 2N IP unit in lift cabin will be able to use lift button for 1st floor.
(Optional) STEP 4: Setup floor to allow access to anyone who press lift floor button
In order to allow access to floor without need to authorize person using RFID card, in device details go to Management and create Floor assignment according to physical connection of relay between AXIS A9188 and lift itself (for example relay io_1_2 on AXIS A9188 is physically connected to lift which 2nd floor will become available for anyone who just press 2nd floor button in lift).
From now, anyone who press button for 2nd floor will be able to access that floor.