Bluetooth - in general
It's a technology for wireless communication between two devices for a short distance. It is based on communication between two paired devices for secure authentication.
Bluetooth is used for exchanging information between two devices for the short distance (up to 15m). It is possible to use this technology instead of RFID cards. This identification is provided by a unique code of the end-devices that contains this technology, like almost every smartphone these days. There is a communication between the smartphone and 2N® IP Verso intercom (or 2N® Access Unit) equipped with Bluetooth module. This communication is secure and based on public and private keys that are exchanged (we use RSA-1028 asymmetric encryption and AES-128 symmetric encryption).
2N® IP Verso with firmware version 2.25 or higher
Bluetooth module (order no. 9155046) connected to 2N® IP Verso (or to 2N® Access Unit) via internal Verso bus cable.
2N® Mobile Key app version 1.0.4 for iOS or version 2.0 for Android
Bluetooth enabled on phone
Location enabled on phone (for Android only)
Step by step guide - How to setup connection between 2N® Mobile Key app and 2N® IP Intercom
- Please open web configuration of 2N® IP Intercom and navigate to section Hardware - Extenders and locate Bluetooth module.
Operation Mode "Tap in app" is pre-selected and you can specify the distance (Signal Range) within which your smartphone will communicate with the Bluetooth module.
* Short ... approx 0.5m from the Bluetooth module
* Middle ... approx 3m from the Bluetooth module
* Long ... more than 3m (can be also more than 10m, depends on a place, where 2N IP Intercom with Bluetooth module is installed)
In Tap in app mode, you will be able to open door by tapping door icon in app in close proximity to door
once you finish your setup.
- Install 2N® Mobile Key app from official OS store (Google Play, iTunes) to mobile device of user you wish to assign Bluetooth access to.
- In intercom's web configuration please navigate to section Directory - Users and choose the user you wish to grant Bluetooth access for.
Fill in a username and scroll down to User Mobile Key parameter.
Click on double arrow icon as shown on the picture below to generate PIN code for pairing intercom with a mobile phone with installed app.
Firmware 2.23.1 and older:
Firmware 2.24.0 and later:
Once you do, PIN code for pairing with the app in a phone will be generated as shown on the image below:
Default PIN validity is 1 hour. You need to pair a mobile phone before this time expires.
Note: PIN validity can be changed in section "Services - Mobile Key - Pairing Mode Settings"
- Please go to close proximity (1-2 meters) of 2N® IP Intercom you just configured for pairing with the app.
- When in close proximity to 2N® IP Intercom equipped with a Bluetooth module, run the application and tap on START PAIRING button
- The app will start searching for devices in close proximity.
- Once the searching is finished, it will display a list of available 2N devices. Please choose the device you have configured for pairing with this mobile phone by tapping on START PAIRING button.
The app will ask for authorization. Please insert the pairing code you generated in previous steps and tap on CONFIRM button (or Confirm and Pair button for IOS).
- If you enter the correct PIN code, you will see a confirmation screen saying "Pairing was successful". You can dismiss it by tapping on OK button.
Step by step guide - How to open paired doors using 2N® Mobile Key app
- If you have already paired 2N® Mobile Key app with 2N® IP Intercom equipped with Bluetooth module, go to a close proximity of BT reader.
- Pick up your mobile device, open 2N® Mobile Key app and it will search for reachable devices. Once the scanning is finished, you will see all doors available for opening.
- Once the device is found, please tap on the door you wish to open.
If you are authorized, the door will open. The app will show a status green circle.