2N® Helios IP configuration
- Firsly configure 2N® Helios IP RTSP server in Streaming page in WEB configuration
- Enable RSTP Server
- Enable Video Stream
- Enable UDP Unicast
- Set H.264 video codec for compression of video stream
- Set appropriate Resolution, Framerate and Bitrate
How to configure 2N® Helios IP intercom – FW version 2.6 and higher
Cisco VSOM configuration
IP/Network Cameras Setting
- Second, add new camera to Cisco VSOM
- Select Camera Type: AXIS P3301
- Set Host IP/Name for 2N® Helios IP
- Set the Parameters in Camera Feed group box. Use same values that are set in the 2N® Helios IP configuration.
Note: Different camera types could be selected but 2N has only tested the settings for AXIS P3301.
2N made two modifications in the firmware 1.15.2 regarding Cisco VSOM:
- The settings allow Monitoring and Recording from any 2N® Helios IP Video Intercom to Cisco VSOM.
- 2N® Helios IP responds to specific HTTP request with empty 200 OK response. This ensures that Cisco VSOM supposes that HIP behaves like AXIS camera.
- 2N® Helios IP does not emulate these cameras and there are no AXIS specific functions available.
- 2N® Helios IP is able to send video stream over RTP/UDP protocols.
- This function was present in the older firmware. It had been disabled and replaced by sending video over RTP/RTSP/TCP because this method is more suitable for most cases.
- This feature can be switched on/off in the firmware 1.15.2 by setting parameter Enable UDP Unicast in Streaming page in Web configuration.
Note: 2N® Helios IP does not implement any specific function of the AXIS cameras e.g.: remote settings of video resolution, bitrate, etc. The parameters cannot be set from VSM but can be set only in the 2N® Helios IP Web configuration.