Go to Virtual ports ‐> SIP and add a new virtual port.
- In the popped window specify the SIP Proxy name and choose in parameter “Type“ option “SIP Proxy“.
- Then go to SIP Proxy and in bookmark “Stack” set parameters according to picture below.
Realm (Domain) – IP address of 2N® NetStar CPU.
Listening Port - port Port for SIP signalisation. You can leave it as it is on default SIP port 5060. Or Alternatively you can change if it will be necessary for some reason, it is possible to change this port in SIP Proxy settings of 2N® Helios IP Mobile application.
Realm (Domain) – here Here fill IP address of 2N® NetStar CPU
RTP interface – here Here make a right mouse button click and add RTP interface. RTP interface is VOIP card of the PBX.
Codecs – transfer Transfer required codecs from “Supported” to “Selected”. IndoorTouch supports codecs u-Law and A-low for audio and H.264 for video.
DTMF according to RFC‐2833 – check Check this option for proper transmission of DTMF
- Go to SIP Proxy ‐> Stack ‐> Terminals and add new terminal.
- Specify the terminal name – it has to correspond with SIP extension name! Then click to “OK” and the terminal is created.
Create of SIP station
- First of all you need to create user groupthe User Group. Go to Users ‐> Users & Groups and add new group.
- When the group is created, add a new user to it.
- Fill name for the new user, for our example it is 708. Also you can create SIP extension in this step by checking "Create" on the row "SIP extension". For user internal number and SIP extension we used number 708.
- When the new user and extension are created, go to extension setting and assign this extension to previously created terminal 708.
- Last thing you have to do is assign the login to the newly created extension. You can do it in section Users ‐> User rights.
- Now everything is set properly and correctly, you can connect SIP station to sip proxy. In this case the credentials are:
- The final step is configure routing for SIP Proxy. Go to Virtual Ports->SIP->Proxy->Properties and click on Create properties. Then switch to Routing and for From port choose where you want to route the calls.
2. Register 2N® Helios IP Mobile to SIP Proxy
2N® Helios IP Mobile application can be registered to any SIP proxy as a regular SIP client.
First you need to run the 2N® Helios IP Mobile application by clicking on its icon.
Now proceed please following configuration steps:
- Open the "Settings" menu of 2N® Helios IP Mobile application.
- Enable the SIP proxy client by clicking on the "SIP Proxy ON" button:
- Then proceed to the "SIP proxy settings" menu in order to set the account details.
Enter please all necessary details such as the Username, password, SIP proxy address etc. you get from an administrator of the SIP proxy/PBX.
- Once you configure the SIP proxy connection and save the settings by clicking on the confirmation button , you will see the proxy status in the "Devices" row.
Connected - successfully connected to the proxy, ready to place and receive calls
Connecting - trying to connect to the proxy, wait for a while please
Disconnected - disconnected from the proxy, check the configuration again please
- Outoging calls within the SIP proxy can be now easily placed directly using the "Dial Pad" by entering the phone number to be dialled.
Alternatively you can also manually add some proxy devices (=phone numbers of eg. 2N® Helios IP intercom, IP phone etc.) to have them ready in the "Devices" menu.
If you would like to call the 2N® Helios IP intercom over proxy, in the device configuration you can also adjust the DTMF code for door opening.
Once you configure the desired proxy device and save the settings by clicking on the confirmation button , you will see it in the "Devices" menu.