In this FAQ you will see how to configure sending of SMS messages via SMPP feature on 2N gateways. First of all you can read a brief introduction how do these features work and after that there are several important steps which have to be met for proper settings of this feature:
- Set the GSM gateway to send/receive SMS via SMPP
- Define the routing rules for incoming and outgoing SMS messages
- Check the GSM gateway SMS database´s filling capacity
This FAQ applies for following gateways:
- 2N® BRI Lite, 2N® BRI Enterprise (2 channels)
- 2N® VoiceBlue Next (2 or 4 channels)
- 2N®2N® VoiceBlue MAX (4 channels)
- 2N® BlueTower (2 to 8 channels), 2N®2N® StarGate (2 to 32 channels).
Note: As a very first step please make sure that the license for SMPP feature is uploaded into your 2N gateway. This license is sold as a package for 10 users (you can buy licence for 10, 20, 30, etc. users) and you can have up to 200 licensed users in the gateway. If you want to verify that you have uploaded the correct license in your gateway, go section "Management -> License key". You should see a license licenses called SMSS and SMSUx in in the "Active" row. SMSS indicates that SMPP feature is enabled and SMSUx indicates number of licensed users where x stands for the number of licensed users this number (see the picture below). If there will not be a license for SMPP (SMSCSMSS) then you will not see tab "Messaging" on the top bar!Image Removed
Function enabling and modules grouping
Note: in this section you can also enable AutoClip AutoCLIP routing for SMS. Set the maximum time for which the automatic SMS routing record (response) will be saved in the AutoCLIP table. It means that once you send an email to some specific GSM number and after some time the mobile user responds to this message and sends a SMS message to SIM card inserted in the GSM module from which the email was previously sent, then this message will be automatically resent directly to the user who sent an email.
- User group: assign the user to User group
- Access type: Select the communication protocol for SMS processing as SMPP (SMSC)
- Login and password: Define the Login name and Password under which the SMPP server will log into the gateway
- Tcp type: Set parameter as Server
- Message direction of Esme: Set this parameter as Tranceiver Transceiver
You can see all parameters from this section in the picture below where was created user "Diafaan" with the login "Diafaan" and password "Diafaan". Once you fill in all parameters, click on the "OK" button. The user will be added and after that you have to make one more click to the "Save settings" button in the bottom right corner of the page (blue circle label in the picture).
- Message from SMS group – select the SMS group that receives SMS messages
- Action type – specify how incoming messages will be processed. You can set Autoclip AutoCLIP routing (the incoming SMS will be routed according to the AutoCLIP table records), Deliver to user (the SMS will be delivered to the selected user) or Drop message (the SMS will be dropped).
- Deliver to user – this field is used only if you selected “Deliver to user” in the previous step. Here is defined the user who receives a SMS.