Step by step guide for SIM sniffer tool
The SIM sniffer includes following HW parts:
- Mobile phone Nokia 208 (GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/2100 MHz, modified for SIM communication purposes)
- Custom sniffing board
- Power adaptor (12V DC, min 1A), or original Nokia 208 power adaptor (micro USB 5V DC, min. 500mA)
- RS232 to USB reduction cable (FTDI drivers)
- Power adapter for Nokia phone (micro USB 5V, min. 500mA)
- FTDI drivers for RS232 to USB cable
- SW for sniffing SIM card - Mobile phone communication
Step by step guide:
- Prepare camera on your personal mobile phone to record all actions which you make on the mobile phone with the SIM sniffer tool
- Connect RS232 to USB convertor to your PC
- Install required drivers (if needed; Windows 7/8 install them automatically)
- Switch off the mobile phone
- Insert SIM card to the custom sniffing board
- Connect power adaptor (12V/1A or 5V/0.5A via micro USB) to sniffing board (RED led will turn on)
- Run SIM sniffing tool
- In config window set-up following parameters:
- Serial port : COM port of connected USB-RS232 cable
- SIM clock: 3,25MHz
- Init baud rate on break - deactivated
- Click on the terminal window
- In init screen you will see name of LOG file where will be saved communication between SIM and mobile phone (M1sim-xxx.log)
- Power on the mobile phone by holding pwr button several seconds
- Close sniffing tool and then power off the mobile phone
- Send created log to us with full description about SIM card and steps which you did on mobile phone (captured video will be helpful)
- Do not open the mobile phone cover!
- Do not insert the SIM card directly to the mobile phone!
- Use attached RS232 to USB convertor only!
- Recharge the mobile phone when needed.
SIM sniffing software - M1sim.zip